I'm here to inspire you to do something for the parks, natural areas, and open spaces near you. Because our kids need us to pass on a healthy planet for their future. Right?
And I'm here to tell you that it doesn't have to be a big deal. Maybe you don't have the day off from work. Maybe your kids are super young. Maybe you are overwhelmed and don't have the mental space to figure something out. No matter what, you can do something. And I'm here to help.
East Bay Regional Park District is hosting a clean up at MLK Jr Shoreline Park in Oakland. And I have to admit that this song is stuck in my head as I think about cleaning up the shoreline.
Or if that doesn't work for you:
- Plant a tree. Have you heard about this organization?
- Plant some plants that bees and pollinators love. Do you know about this project?
- Pick up trash wherever you are. Take a picture of it and contribute to this global initiative.
- Go to the beach and picking up garbage for 5 minutes during the 3 hours you're there.
- Invite your neighbor to go for a walk at your local park.
- Donate to your local parks or conservation organization. Choose one (or two) from this list.
- Call your city council member, state legislator, congress person, senator, or president and ask them to protect the environment for future generations. Be a part of the wall.
There are options!
Go, get out there, make a difference, and feel good. You can do it. We can do this!