This is what it looked like in the sunshine:
As if I need to say it, you should go to Sunol Regional Wilderness sometime soon. Just go. Directions and such are here:
- Sunol Regional Wilderness website
- Directions to the park from Berkeley/Oakland: drive east on I-580 to the junction with I-680. Take I-680 south. Take exit at Calaveras Road/Highway 84 just south of the Sunol exit. Turn left onto Calaveras Road and proceed about four miles. Turn left onto Geary Road, which leads directly into the park. If you find yourself driving uphill on a narrow winding road you’ve missed the Geary Road turnoff.
- About 50 yards after the entrance kiosk, there's a small parking area and a bathroom and a drinking fountain. There's a foot bridge across the creek that you'll take.
- There might be a lot of people there. You might not find parking near the foot bridge. That's okay. There is plenty of parking farther up the road. Park and walk on back to the foot bridge.
- Walking to Little Yosemite is a great idea. See the park maps on how to do that.
- What we did was... cross the foot bridge. Turn left. Walk on the trail that follows the creek until you find us. Don't go up Flag Hill Trail. Just stay on the trail along the creek and pass through one gate. About 50 yards past the gate, you'll see a fence. Walk along the fence (don't go through it) for about 50 yards. Turn towards the creek when the mood strikes you. There's an open meadow that's perfect for chillin'.
- Bring shoes to walk in the water with. Bring a change of clothes. Bring a sense of wonder.