If you can get away this weekend, I'd highly recommend Morgan Territory. Or Briones. Or the north side of Mount Diablo where the waterfalls are falling. Really, anywhere outside will be glorious. Unfortunately our plans don't support an Outside Kids outing this weekend, but go anyway. Just go.
We will venture out as an Outside Kids official thing on Sunday, April 10 at 10am at Sunol Regional Wilderness. This is a short walk - maybe 1/2 mile - down the creek to a place where we can explore and play. We've been there 5-6 times over the years and every time it's different. This time it will most certainly be different. There will be water!
Here's the deal:
- Sunday, April 10 at 10am
- Sunol Regional Wilderness
- Meet at the foot bridge which is on your left about 100 yards after the entrance kiosk. There's a bathroom next to a small field, and in the trees is a bridge. We'll be at a picnic bench by the bridge.
- This is a great outing for people of all ages. Even little kids can do this walk. The trail is not stroller friendly.
- I'll confirm as we get closer and post on the website and Facebook page if we cancel due to weather.
- See past Sunol outings here.
- From Fremont, drive north on I-680 and exit at Calaveras Road (near the town of Sunol.) Turn right at the exit onto Calaveras Road and proceed about four miles to a left turn onto Geary Road, which leads directly into the park. (If you find yourself driving uphill on a narrow winding road you’ve missed the Geary Road turnoff.) To reach the Old Green Barn take the first left after the park entrance.
- From the Oakland-Berkeley area, drive east on I-580 to the junction with I-680. Take I-680 south and exit at Calaveras Road/Highway 84 just south of the Sunol exit. At the bottom of the exit turn left onto Calaveras Road and proceed as noted above.
- From the Walnut Creek-Danville area, drive south on I-680 and exit at Calaveras Road/Highway 84 just south of the Sunol exit. Proceed as noted above.