Here's what you can do:
- Some passes are still available for some parks. Sign up quick.
- Go find other parks that have redwoods in them! There are many. There's a real obvious one in the East Bay - Redwood Regional Park (so obvious that it's in the name). Bonus is that the ladybugs are there along the Stream Trail.
- Go outside somewhere else. Redwoods are great, but so are beaches, meadows, and oak trees. Just go!
- Solano Land Trust is leading an OptOutside outing at Rockville Trails Preserve, which is cool because you can only go there on a docent-led hike. So this is like a special pass to a special place. Sign up here.
- Get all social with it on REI's OptOutside website. As of this moment 915,071 people have opted to go outside on Friday the 27th. That's what you call A LOT of people. Yes!