But history is cool and so is going outside and so... off to Black Diamond Mines we go. Join us Sunday, June 14 at 10am and we'll focus more on the cool stuff than the coal stuff.
Never been to Black Diamond Mines? Doug McConnell can tell you about it.
For kids there are tunnels, abandoned train tracks, caves, places to run, dusty hills, and much more. We'll take deep breaths and let them explore.
Here's what you need to know:
- Directions are here.
- Info about the park is here.
- We'll meet in the parking lot at the end of Somerville Road at 10am.
- If you're late, that's fine.
- We'll leave a map on a silver Prius for where we plan to have lunch.
- If you want to do your own thing, that's fine.
- Bring sun protection, water, and food.
- The first place we'll walk to is the Greathouse Visitor Center.
My name is Annie and I'll be there with a straw cowboy hat on, a 6 year old, a 9 year old, and my video producer.
See you outside!