But if it's going to be sunny and relatively warm for January, heck, let's go outside. On Monday, January 19 there is a super dooper low tide. There's also a super dooper high tide, that's how the tide rolls. But we're more interested in the low tide.
Here's the deal:
- Monday, January 19 at 2:30pm
- Point Pinole Regional Park in Richmond
- We'll meet in the parking lot and walk less than a mile to the beach (same beach as Foint Finole Fridays). Basically, go up to the bridge across the train tracks, cross the bridge, turn left onto the Bay Trail. At the first grove of eucalyptus trees, look for paths down to the beach. If you're after 2:45pm or so, listen for loud children.
- Directions to Point Pinole are here.
- The sunset from there is gorgeous.
- Bring snacks, water, and a change of clothes. There's mud. Very juggle-able mud.